1600x1200 Carnation Wallpaper - Mother's Day Carnation Flowers
Wallpapers are available in 1024*768 | 1280x800 | 1280*1024 | 1440*900 | 1600*1200 | 5 Different Resolutions
Mother's Day Flowers: Carnations
Fragrant and beautiful, Carnation flowers have become symbolic of mother's love and also Mothers Day.
Mother's Day and Carnation have had an association for a very long time because according to a Christian legend, this is the plant that sprung up when Jesus Christ's mother Mary shed tears of distress seeing her son enduring sufferings with the cross. Anna Jarvis, in 1907, chose carnation as the emblem of Mother's Day. Anna Jarvis distributed carnations in St. Andrew's Methodist Episcopal church in West Virginia.
White carnation is thought to be ideal for Mother's Day because according to Jarvis, whiteness stood for qualities like purity, faithfulness, fragrance, and love.
White carnations are associated with the sad feeling of mother being absent, either due to death or due to the distance that separates the mother and the child. Red and pink carnations symbolize the feelings of affection for a mother who is alive.
Meanings of Carnations
The meanings of carnations include fascination, distinction, and love. Like many other flowers, different messages can also be expressed with the flower’s different color varieties. Light red carnations, for example, are often used to convey admiration, whereas the dark red version expresses deeper sentiments of love and affection. White carnations are associated with purity and luck, and pink carnations are often given as a sign of gratitude. In the early part of the 20th century, carnations became the official flower of Mother's Day in addition finding particular significance in many other cultures worldwide.
To this day, carnations remain a favorite flower choice for many different occasions. They are immediately recognizable flowers, and they possess a charm and allure that continues to captivate people around the globe. In fact, in many parts of the world, the popularity of carnations surpasses that of any other flower including roses. The powerful sentiments these flowers can express are a perfect compliment to their classic beauty and long-lasting freshness. By retaining its status as a floral mainstay for such a long time, the carnation has proven itself to be a lasting flower in more ways than one.
- 2. Yellow Carnation Photo - Sunting & Romantic 1600*1200
- 3. 1600*1200 Carnations in Little Boxes - Mother's Day Gift Carnation
- 4. Romantic Pink Carnation Flowers in Vase - 1600*1200 Carnations Photo
- 5. Romantic Orange Carnation Flowers in Vase - 1600*1200 Carnations Photo
- 6. Dense Red Carnation Flowers background 1600*1200
- 7. Dense Display of Red & Pink Carnations Photo 1600*1200
- 8. 1600*1200 Carnatiion reflection - Still Life Shot of White Carnation
- 9. Pink Carnation flower in Nature - 1600*1200 Carnation Photo
- 10. Pink Carnation Close-up Photo 1600*1200
- 11. 1600*1200 Pink Carnations Photo - Romanticn Pink & Sparkling
- 12. 1600*1200 Mother's Day Carnations - Romantic Red Carnations Photo
- 13. Romantic Red Carnations Bouquet For Mother's day 1600*1200
- 14. Carnation Bouquet Photo taken by Wallcoo 1600*1200
- 15. 1600*1200 Pink Carnation flower in Nature photo
- 16. White/Red Carnation Photo - 1600*1200 Carnation Flower Photo
- 17. Pink carnation in Dark - 1600*1200 Pink carnation Photo
- 18. Red carnation in Dark - 1600*1200 Red carnation Photo
- 19. A Carnation Flower Bud Photo 1600*1200
- 20. Carnation Bouquet Photo taken by Wallcoo 1600*1200
- 21. 1600*1200 Carnation Flower Photo - Pink Carnation Photo