Architectural Paper Models of World's Famous Landmarks (Vol.2)
Wallpaper Resolutions : | 1024*768 |
Taj Mahal, India
The Taj Mahal is a mausoleum located in Agra, India, built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his favorite wife, Mumtaz Mahal.
The Taj Mahal is considered the finest example of Mughal architecture, a style that combines elements from Persian, Indian, and Islamic architectural styles. In 1983, the Taj Mahal became a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was cited as "the jewel of Muslim art in India and one of the universally admired masterpieces of the world's heritage."
Parthenon Temple , Athens, Greece
The Parthenon is a temple of the Greek goddess Athena, whom the people of Athens considered their protector. Its construction began in 447 BC and was completed in 432 BC on the Athenian Acropolis, although decorations of the Parthenon continued until 431 BC. It is the most important surviving building of Classical Greece, generally considered to be the culmination of the development of the Doric order. Its decorative sculptures are considered some of the high points of Greek art. The Parthenon is regarded as an enduring symbol of Ancient Greece and of Athenian democracy and one of the world's greatest cultural monuments.
The Egyptian pyramids are ancient pyramid-shaped masonry structures located in Egypt. There are 138 pyramids discovered in Egypt as of 2008. Most were built as tombs for the country's Pharaohs and their consorts during the Old and Middle Kingdom periods.
The earliest known Egyptian pyramid is the Pyramid of Djoser which was built during the third dynasty. This pyramid and its surrounding complex were designed by the architect Imhotep, and are generally considered to be the world's oldest monumental structures constructed of dressed masonry.
Temple of Heaven,Beijing, China
The Temple of Heaven, literally the Altar of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings situated in the southeastern part of central Beijing, in Xuanwu District. The complex was visited by the Emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties for annual ceremonies of prayer to Heaven for good harvest. It is regarded as a Taoist temple, although Chinese Heaven worship, especially by the reigning monarch of the day, pre-dates Taoism.
- 2. Model of Taj Mahal, India - Architectual Paper Model of Taj Mahal
- 3. Model of Taj Mahal, India - Architectual Paper Model of Taj Mahal
- 4. The Parthenon (Greek) - Paper Model of Parthenon Temple
- 5. Parthenon Temple (Greek) - Paper Model of Parthenon Temple
- 6. Temple of Heaven - Paper Model of Temple of Heaven, Beijing
- 7. Temple of Heaven, Beijing - Paper Model of Temple of Heaven
- 8. Pyramid of the Sun, Mexico - Architectual Paper model of Pyramid of the Sun
- 9. Pyramid of the Sun Paper Model - Pyramid of the Sun, Mexico
- 10. The Shah Mosque - Architectual Paper Model of Shah Mosque, Iran
- 11. Model of Shah Mosque, Iran - Paper Model of Shah Mosque
- 12. Great Wall of China - Paper Model of Great Wall
- 13. Paper Models of World Famous Landmark Buildings
- 14. Paper Landmarks - Paper Models of World Famous Buildings
- 15. Paper Landmarks - Paper Models of World Famous Buildings
- 16. Clay Model of Egyptian pyramids
- 17. Paper Model of Egyptian Pyramids
- 18. Paper Model of Dutch Windmills and Tulips
- 19. Dutch Windmills and Tulips - Paper Model of Dutch Windmills
- 20. Village House - Paper Models of World Famous Architecture
- 21. Village House - Paper Models of World Famous Architecture