Tiziano Vecellio Paintings - Titian Paintings Wallpapers
Wallpaper Resolution(s) : | 1024*768 |
Tiziano Vecelli or Tiziano Vecellio (c. 1488/1490 – 27 August 1576 ) better known as Titian was an Italian painter, the most important member of the 16th-century Venetian school. He was born in Pieve di Cadore, near Belluno (in Veneto), in the Republic of Venice. During his lifetime he was often called da Cadore, taken from the place of his birth.
Recognized by his contemporaries as "The Sun Amidst Small Stars" (recalling the famous final line of Dante's Paradiso), Titian was one of the most versatile of Italian painters, equally adept with portraits, landscape backgrounds, and mythological and religious subjects. His painting methods, particularly in the application and use of color, would exercise a profound influence not only on painters of the Italian Renaissance, but on future generations of Western art.
During the course of his long life Titian's artistic manner changed drastically but he retained a lifelong interest in color. Although his mature works may not contain the vivid, luminous tints of his early pieces, their loose brushwork and subtlety of polychromatic modulations are without precedent in the history of Western art.
- 2. Titian Paintings : Flora. c.1515-1520.
- 3. Titian Paintings : Danae with Nursemaid. 1553-1554.
- 4. Titian Paintings : The Rape of Europe. 1562
- 5. Titian Paintings : A Woman at Her Toilet
- 6. Titian Paintings : Diana and Actaeon, 1559
- 7. Titian Paintings : Venus and Adonis, 1555
- 8. Titian Paintings : Sacrifice of Isaac, 1542-1544
- 9. Titian Paintings : Bacchanal of the Andrians. 1523-1525.
- 10. Titian Paintings : Bacchus and Ariadne. 1520-1522.
- 11. Titian Paintings : Pope Paul III and His Grandsons
- 12. Titian Paintings : "Portrait of Pope Paul III, 1543
- 13. Titian Paintings : Portrait of Doge Andrea Gritti , 1544-45